Verizon Wireless 4G LTE in Great Falls Montana – Not So Fast

Verizon Wireless 4G LTE in Great Falls Montana – Not So Fast

Verizon Wireless 4G LTE in Great Falls Montana

UPDATE:  Verizon has since upgraded our data to 4G LTE and it is fantastic.  Speeds and Coverage has been Great.

Verizon Wireless has been teasing us in Great Falls Montana with 4G service for some time now.  We are the last major city in the state to get 4G service.  First it was sometime in 2012.  Then it was by years end.  Then it was January.  Now sometime in the January through March time frame.  At least this is what I was told today by a representative at the Verizon Store.

A few weeks ago a Sams Club rep told me the hangup was the approval of a Fiber Optic cable that had to tunnel under the Marias River.

Whatever the reason, I hope it is upgraded soon so I can take full advantage of my iPad 4.  I have been waiting to upgrade my iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 until Verizon completed their upgrade.  Now my 4 is getting choppy voice calls and I am wondering if it has to do with the possibility that Verizon is actually doing some work on the upgrade, or if I just need a new phone.  Then we get into the whole iPhone 5S iPhone 6 release debate…

Hopefully this new estimate on an upgrade date is accurate and we can enjoy what we are already paying for.

Holter Lake and Missouri River Fishing in February

Holter Lake and Missouri River Fishing in February

On Saturday we took the 45 minute drive to Holter Lake to take a look at an upcoming listing on a Holter Lake Front Home.

On the way up to the lake between Craig and Holter the Missouri River was dotted with fisherman, either wading, floating or boating trying their luck at some late winter fishing. Temperature on the truck dash showed 34 degrees and the wind was blowing but the river was clear and these guys could not look happier to be out doing what they love.  In Montana everyday is a fishing day.

When we crested the top of the hill on Beartooth Road we could see that Holter Lake was still completely frozen over.  A few people were ice fishing just off the frozen over boat ramp but no one was venturing out very far.

Holter Lake Winter

Even though Holter Lake was icy cold and quiet, and the deer were the most active thing in sight, we could just imagine the fun and the sun that was on its way in a few short months.  The campers, boaters, ATV riders and Cabin Owners would soon return to enjoy all the Holter area has to offer.

Happy Valentine’s Day in Great Falls MT

Happy Valentine’s Day in Great Falls MT

Happy Valentine’s Day Great Falls.

If you are needing some last minute gift ideas like candy, cookies or flowers, you will be happy to know Hempl’s has the heart cookies featured in this post.
Candy Masterpiece storefront

Candies and sweets can be found at Candy Masterpiece, (Chocolate Covered Cherries being my favorite). Quality teas to soothe the sugar rush can be found right next door at In Cahoots for Tea.

In Cahoots Storefront
Head to one of my favorite flower shops in town – Herman’s Flowers – if you need some last minute Roses or flower arrangements.

Dinner favorites include Cattlemans Club
, Jakers and the newly opened Montana Club. We will be featuring these restaurants and many more in upcoming posts. Be sure to check back.

F-15’s over Great Falls

F-15’s over Great Falls

Great Falls is home to the 120th Fighter Wing, Montana Air National Guard. F-15’s are currently stationed here and we have the pleasure of watching these amazing jets fly over town from time to time. The fate of the flying mission has been up in the air for the last several years, but it is staying here at least through 2013. Great Falls is proud of our hundreds of military families and is thankful for their presence in our city. Below is a video of 3 fighters getting some practice in the high winds today.

F-15’s over Great Falls

Candy Masterpiece in Great Falls MT

Candy Masterpiece in Great Falls MT

It’s February and the 14th is just around the corner. My absolutely favorite chocolate comes from a local company called Candy Masterpiece in the form of chocolate covered cherries. Check them out at: 120 Central Ave, Great Falls, MT.

GFGA Pre School Hibernation

GFGA Pre School Hibernation

The 3-5 year olds attending GFGA Pre School experienced Hibernation Day 2013, today. The kids studied Grizzly and Black Bears over the past month, learning lifestyle and habitat info. In preparation for their “hibernation”, the kids wore their pajamas to school and brought along their favorite bed time toys and blankets. Moms and Dads supplied the hibernation goodies. The day ended in the “bear cave” in the dance studio. Great Falls Gymnastics Association PreSchoolimageimageimageimage